Tax Forms at the Library

The Indiana Department of Revenue (DOR) will not be giving the library state tax forms to distribute to the public. The public can call the DOR’s 24 hour automated phone at 317-615-2581 to receive a copy of the instruction book and forms in the mail. There are only a limited number of paper forms available so you will need to make your request soon. If you request the 2021 tax booklet you will get the instruction book with the standard forms. If you want an envelope, you have to request it specifically. There is no place in Henry County where you can pickup paper forms and the instruction book. Paper copies of the federal tax forms and instruction book will be available soon.

A set of State Tax forms (minus instructions) is available for $2.00. You can also print tax forms from one of the library’s computers or you can have library staff print them out. The cost of copies is $.20 per page. If you need instructions, you can use a library computer to access those or you can selectively print only those pages of the instructions that you need. There are also two binders with instructions that can be checked out with your library card. The library will provide Form SC-40 Unified Tax Credit for the Elderly free of charge to our patrons as a public service.

The DOR will have several options for free and low-cost filing on their website. INFreeFile will be available later in the filing season at The benefits of filing online include faster refunds and confirmation that your return was received and accepted. Forms filed online also have fewer errors and are more efficient. You can prepare and file your federal and state tax returns at the same time. INFreefile provides the added convenience of direct deposit for refunds and direct debit for payment of taxes owed.

Library computers are available to file both state and federal income taxes online. Library staff can help you access the computers but are not able to give any assistance in selecting forms or filing services or give any advice on how to file your taxes.

More Stories