Explore local and family history using the Indiana Room’s valuable resources.
The Indiana Room
The Indiana Room collection covers the great history of Henry County and its surrounding areas. Resources include census records, local family histories and microfilm. In addition, the collection includes a full card index for The Courier-Times, 1848-1989.
We also have computers, computer connection points, a photocopier, scanner and microfilm readers available for your use.
- New Castle city directories
- Death records index (1882-2000)
- Marriage records index (1850-1920)
- Birth records index (1882-2000)
- US Census for Indiana
- Cemetery records
- Deed index
- Pioneer certificates
- NCHS yearbooks
- Henry County Schools Jr/Sr Yearbooks
- Indiana history books
- Local newspapers
- South Mound and West Lawn Cemetery records
- 5th District Civil War military and draft records
- Indiana vital records indexes
- Card Index for The Courier-Times, 1848-1989
Subject files include information such as newspaper articles from the Courier-Times and other local papers, historical records of local organizations, family histories, genealogical records, information from county agencies and pamphlets.
Kathie Ward serves as the library’s part-time genealogist and enjoys helping you find answers to your family history questions.
(765) 529-0362, ext. 1368 email@example.com.
Kathie is available Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays, between 9am and 5pm.
Online Genealogy Resources
Access census records, immigration records, military records, family and local histories, newspapers and periodicals, and birth, marriage and death records. Available in-library only.